Back to class

It's that time of year again. The students will be arriving this week and classes will be starting next Monday. I feel pretty ready, since I started working on class planning extra early this year, but I still need to finalize some things and catch up on some new reading assignments. We have a lunch with the new graduate students this week, but otherwise, everything happens next week. I am teaching five days a week this semester. That may seem like an unreasonable complaint, but teaching is not the only work I do. I need time for research and service*, too- not to mention time to plan what I teach. I like semesters when I have one or two days a week that I can work at home. My schedule this semester won't allow that, so I'll have to be more creative about planning my days and work schedule. I'll post more as the semester gets rolling!

*I am missing an OGA meeting next week, since I have class. If I didn't teach every day, I might have been able to go! (If it weren't the first week, I could go, too).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to classes with almost no concern for COVID

Teaching with Documentaries

Summer Plans