The Calm Before the Storm

We have one week of classes left at Miami before finals, and I find myself in a curious position this weekend. I don't have any pressing work for classes or research! I just came back from a conference last Monday, so research is sort of on hold until classes finish. I am caught up with grading for now- but that will change tomorrow because I have remote sensing labs coming in, then Wednesday I will get 92 physical geography papers, and Friday I'll get another 14 remote sensing term papers. I am giving one in-class exam (which my teaching assistant will grade) and I'll have 14 take-home exams for remote sensing to grade. I also have a lot of meetings and student defenses coming up in the next week, so I will be on campus more days that usual (which cuts into at-home grading time). I'm done with teaching prep, too. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now, but there is a mountain of grading to get through first! This summer should be busy with research (I am going to be mentoring another REU student) and I have a master's student who will be doing field work. I'm going to catch up on non-work things today (like cleaning house!) before things get really crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to classes with almost no concern for COVID

Teaching with Documentaries

Summer Plans